As it has already been mentioned in previous entries in this blog,the foundry industry plays a fundamental role in the proper management of the waste it produces.
We depart from the assumption that industrial waste is generated after the processes that form all the company’s activities.
Here in FREEZE CAST; we believe in Circular Economy, which is a model that ensures that the life cycle of products is extended. The gist of this model is that, when said product becomes non-functional, the materials of which are composed are used for other tasks, as long as it is possible.
The revaluation of waste must be an essential part in the development of the Circular Economy. It allows completing the recuperation cycle and generating sustainable energy sources, turning residue into energy resources or prime materials due to recycling.
Today, the concern around the environment has been rising in all the fields, even more so in industry. This has generated new ways of recycling and, in this way, extended and improved the life of planet earth.
This is where the Circular Economy comes into its own, with a focus on waste revaluation, which, n accordance with Directive 2008/98/EC on waste (as amended by Directive (EU) 2018/851) is “ any operation the principal result of which is waste serving a useful purpose by replacing other materials which would otherwise have been used to fulfill a particular function”.
On the other hand, waste revaluation certainly presents a great economic advantage for companies,because it reduces prime material consumption, and with that, the costs incurred in their purchase.
At FREEZE CAST we always work with authorized organizations and companies, which carry out our waste management for residues to be treated or eliminated as they should. In doing this, we make selective collection easier, and we ensure their optimal environmental treatment.
For the processes of sorting, packaging, storage and labeling of waste generated at the production site,
we comply with the most demanding regulations in force.
Likewise, to ensure maximum transparency, we have a file where the quantity and nature of the waste, the process that generates it, the identification of the transporter, the frequency of collection, the identification of the authorized waste manager of destination of each waste and the treatment or disposal operation of destination of the waste are listed in chronological order.
Freeze Cast, in its constant endeavour to minimise its environmental impact, incorporates an environmental management system in accordance with the UNE-EN-ISO 14001:2015 standard.
As a consequence of this environmental policy:
- We ensure that awareness of environmental requirements is promoted at all levels of the company.
- We minimize the environmental impact of our activities, under a principle of pollution prevention.
- The Environmental Management Systemof the activities carried out in all our facilities are in accordance with the UNE-EN-ISO 14001:2015 standard.
- We monitor your environmental performance against your environmental objectives, targets and aspects.
- We have a systematic system in place for updating the applicable Environmental Legislation and identifying the requirements that are applicable to our activity.
- We regularly assess environmental aspects.
- We carry out adequate operational control of the identified environmental aspects.
- We have established and implemented procedures for action in the event of possible environmental emergencies.
- We plan and conduct audits to ensure compliance with system requirements.